Choose an article to transcribe
1072 sections available for transcription
1576 transcribed sections submitted
- Type what you see - even if it's misspelled or factually/grammatically incorrect.
- Do not use indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
- Line breaks are optional, but will not be saved in final version.
- End of line hyphenation should be omitted, ie. type the word without hyphenation.
- If a word or phrase is illegible include [illegible] or indicate your best guess with brackets around it, like this "President [Truman?] announced..."
- Hit the "Save changes" button.
- Review the transcript. When you are satisfied that it is correct, click the "Send transcript" button.
- If an article continues on another page there will be a "Next page" link under the transcription entry space...
- Save and submit the first page before clicking on the Next page link.
- Include the "continued on"/"continued from" text in the transcription.